There continues to be a variety of ways for parents to remain involved with their child's education in high school. Parents play an important role in the education of their children and have a responsibility to support the efforts of school staff in maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment for all students. Many times parents are the window through which students see the school. Parents fulfill this responsibility when they:
- show an active interest in their child's school work and progress;
- communicate regularly with the school;
- help their child be neat, appropriately dressed and prepared for school;
- ensure that their child attends school regularly and on time;
- promptly report to the school their child's absence or late arrival;
- become familiar with the Code of Conduct and school rules;
- encourage and assist their child in following the rules of behaviour and support school staff in dealing with disciplinary issues;
- volunteer at the school to speak to classes;
- volunteer their services at the school;
- make scholarship contributions to the school; and/or become a member of the Holy Cross Catholic School Council or attend meetings when possible.
Holy Cross recognizes parents as partners in educating our children.
Student Handbook - Download PDF